Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Snow-covered bamboo leaves

"Snow-covered bamboo leaves"
by Azly Rahman

Today I looked out of my window. The world was white.
As white as the snow: falling and falling as if each snowflake must become
A postscript.
     Of the longest story ever told.

Each bit of snow fall become one amongst millions and billions.
Of snowflakes that will become a blanket of whiteness
That will be weaved like an endless design of a carpet of a story.
Again, postscripts of a life that will be concluded in white.

Today I looked out of my window. I saw not a single snowflake.
The world was not white.
     Leaves from those bamboo trees fall: falling as if each must
Become what a child’s dream is made of.
I saw a child barefoot
Playing with a blowpipe he made out of the postscript of his future.
Running, laughing.
      Away from his sorrows I suppose.
      He is a child of Nature.

He looked at me as I looked outside of my window.
We locked eyes.
I saw snowflakes.
I did not know what he saw.  From amongst  the bamboo trees his eyes pierced into mine..
He disappeared.
Not a smile.
Not a frown
           he offered as a gift.

In between the snowflakes and the bamboo leaves lie our story weaved.

No comments:

Lecture: Edward Said

Loading...

Lecture: Noam Chomsky

Loading...

Lecture: Jacques Derrida

Loading...

Lecture: Jean Paul Sartre

Loading...

Movie: 1984

Loading...

Movie: Animal Farm

Loading...

Movie: Chicken Run

Loading...

Poems: Rumi

Loading...

Dialogue on Religion: Karen Armstrong

Loading...

Dailogue on Religion: Huston Smith

Loading...

Islam

Loading...

Humanism

Loading...

Jainism

Loading...

Sikkhism

Loading...

Hinduism

Loading...

Bahai

Loading...

Confucianism

Loading...

Taoism

Loading...

The Bhagavad Gita

Loading...

Jesus of Nazareth

Loading...

Siddharta Gautama

Loading...

Prophet Muhammad (Pbuh)

Loading...