Saturday, October 06, 2012

Genesis II, Chapter 7666, preamble

GENESIS II, Chapter 7666, preamble
by azly rahman

When I was born
there were perhaps
no marks of a wheel at the bottom of my right heel
no bright clouds canopying my mother's tent on a desert yonder
no three wise men foretelling a greatness only Love can explain
no thunderstorms of tsunami greeting the world with calamity

only the Universe nodding its head
its long-flowing beard caught in a spinning wheel
why this birth, I asked?
where will I be, I lamented?
what shall be the end of the story? I framed my inquiry repeatedly

existence --- are not thou like a canvas
of a michaelangelo?
or Om-- the first sound of the universe
like the flapping of the wings of a butterfly
create ripples and raging seas
of the inner ambiance in me?

what must i now conjure of my existence thusfar
whilst at times like a younger Rodin
skillfully conjuring the signs and signifiers
of the greatness of Man in all his complexities
of this Divine Comedy he is plunged into?

I am
not yet
as i see this samsara
unfolding ...

No comments:

Lecture: Edward Said

Loading...

Lecture: Noam Chomsky

Loading...

Lecture: Jacques Derrida

Loading...

Lecture: Jean Paul Sartre

Loading...

Movie: 1984

Loading...

Movie: Animal Farm

Loading...

Movie: Chicken Run

Loading...

Poems: Rumi

Loading...

Dialogue on Religion: Karen Armstrong

Loading...

Dailogue on Religion: Huston Smith

Loading...

Islam

Loading...

Humanism

Loading...

Jainism

Loading...

Sikkhism

Loading...

Hinduism

Loading...

Bahai

Loading...

Confucianism

Loading...

Taoism

Loading...

The Bhagavad Gita

Loading...

Jesus of Nazareth

Loading...

Siddharta Gautama

Loading...

Prophet Muhammad (Pbuh)

Loading...