Sunday, November 04, 2012

An Ode to a Hurricane/For Sandra, a farewell ...

For Sandra, a farewell …




Was it Sandra that came?

Or serena joy?

Or calamity deployed?

Was it you--

That came with a raging whisper

Of calamity it seems

As I lay wide wake

Listening to the tempestuous talk

...Of a tedious argument

About Nature

About Rupture

About Culture

About Vultures roaming asunder

In this world borne out of desire

Was it Sandra?

Uncontrollable she has become entire

I had waited for you

Days and nights

As the world around us stood still with eerie calmness

With neither sound and fury in sight

You have come

And I have roamed the four corners of the world

Mantra of peace and passion I have offered

Days

Nights

In the darkness of the glaring sunlight, even

You had spoken of a rage within you

Of this world you had wanted to wash anew

Again …

Words of peace I have offered

Again …

Words to pacify your rage I have uttered

You came as I was closing my eyes

I could see yours

The depth of it

Beautiful

Two worlds collide

Of raging wind

Of calming inferno

What are you but a memory we once share

Of you

A world outside

And I

Of a world within

We once stood in that desert

In which darkness was our only light

And tempest our sound of silence

You and I have become

Two worlds

Drowned in sorrow

Separated we are

We have come together again

And I could still see in your rage

Those beautiful eyes

Of our yesterday

Only you and I

Knows

Farewell, Sandra …

Unto peace you shall return

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

raw beauty!

Lecture: Edward Said

Loading...

Lecture: Noam Chomsky

Loading...

Lecture: Jacques Derrida

Loading...

Lecture: Jean Paul Sartre

Loading...

Movie: 1984

Loading...

Movie: Animal Farm

Loading...

Movie: Chicken Run

Loading...

Poems: Rumi

Loading...

Dialogue on Religion: Karen Armstrong

Loading...

Dailogue on Religion: Huston Smith

Loading...

Islam

Loading...

Humanism

Loading...

Jainism

Loading...

Sikkhism

Loading...

Hinduism

Loading...

Bahai

Loading...

Confucianism

Loading...

Taoism

Loading...

The Bhagavad Gita

Loading...

Jesus of Nazareth

Loading...

Siddharta Gautama

Loading...

Prophet Muhammad (Pbuh)

Loading...